Tuesday, November 3, 2009

James Cameron Says, Volume One

I can hardly wait until Avatar hits theaters. It's the film already earning comments ranging from the ridiculously exaggerated:

"as big [of] a jump for film as black and white to color" 

to the annoyingly glowing:

"there were points in the footage where [Sam] Worthington's Na'vi character looked utterly realistic - it was only the fact that you think 'this can't be possible' that brings you back." 

I didn't attend Avatar day. I haven't seen the extra dose of footage others have, and I haven't had the pleasure of seeing screaming blue monsters deliver "this is great"s in 3D. Nothing in the trailers has me interested outside of the Na'vi home world and still I'm reading reports on how much of a revolution Avatar is going to lead in the film industry. 

In honor of all the hype I'm bringing you a choice quote from writer and director of the uber-film each and every week until opening day, December 18th, 2009. Let's reign in the new guard with helpings of Cameron's wisdom:


James Cameron says "People don't understand that a wild animal is not something that is nice to pat. It can seriously harm you." 

Too true. Don't forget: November is Avatar appreciation month.

 - Eric T. Voigt

No comments:

Post a Comment