Tuesday, July 28, 2009

MMMMM #3

Time for me to get girlie. One of my favorite movies of all time is Pretty in Pink, because A) it is a girlie love story of a movie, B) it is a classic 80's John Hughes with the bolo tie fashions I've grown to love, and C) it has an amazing soundtrack. 


The greatest part of the film which causes me to rewind and watch over and over again is Duckie's lip-synced rendition of Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness". 

Jon Cryer (whom has since disappointed me) was perfect as the nerdy cool guy, the "hipster" of his day, and admittedly caused me to swoon. There's just something classic and wonderful about dancing around a record shop to one of the greatest voices of all time that makes me wish I worked at Trax after school. 

Anyone who listens to "Try a Little Tenderness" without dancing around where ever they happen to be at that time is either crazy or just has really good self control. And a tip for filmmakers, throw an Otis Redding song in the mix, and I will love your film unconditionally no matter what. Tip of the hat to you John Hughes, tip of the hat.


***Brianna Wellen

No comments:

Post a Comment