Sunday, July 12, 2009

WMCA Volume Six: "You Blew It Up! Damn You! God Damn You All To Hell!"

A good half a year back we accused The Haunting in Connecticut to have the worst poster ever. It must not have noticed, because said poster is now the image on every DVD and Blu-ray copy all across this great United States of America. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, worst to worst:
I'm really hard pressed to think of anything worse than this. A kid, obviously experiencing some mild discomfort from his wool jacket, vomiting solid gold in space, set against a nondescript stone wall, proclaiming proudly "based on true events." Get a hobby, The Haunting in Connecticut, and stop bothering the rest of us with your despicably half-assed marketing. I had to look at this every day I walked to class for about two months, and now I have to fear finding it in my local Target, Blockbuster, and maybe even on Netflix? You're the worst. 

If The Haunting in Connecticut received the poster-to-cover treatment I would like to put in a request for The Hurt Locker:
Mmm mmm. Now that's what I'd like to see every day for two months.

 - Eric T. Voigt, Can't Stress The Displeasure Enough

No comments:

Post a Comment